Thursday, July 19

The Globe Theatre















On my travels, I came across not one but two Shakespeare's Globe Theatres. The first was located at sLiterary's Cookie Island!, Cookie (44, 84, 25). Such a wonderful building.

I note that they are planning to show "Hamlet" in February 2008. Now that will be such a thing to see. I've never seen a Shakespeare play so I must go and watch.

And the second one is on Renaissance Island (204, 45, 27) again, beautiful architecture.






























Further research shows that the original Globe Theatre was built in 1599, but was destroyed by fire in 1613, rebuilt in 1614 and finally closed down in 1642. A few years before my time.
A modern reconstruction of the original Globe, named "Shakespeare's Globe Theatre" or the "New Globe Theatre," opened in 1997.
Act V, Scene 2
Of carnal, bloody, and unnatural acts,
Of accidental judgments, casual slaughters,
Of deaths put on by cunning and forced cause

Of course, lock up your daughters.

... The rest is silence. (Hamlet's last words)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : background by Babii Pink